For assistance call +44 (0) 1483 799 030 or email email@example.com
The Ripple Tank is an instrument that allows viewing the waves produced by a vibrator on the water surface. It consists of a water tank, a vibrator, a luminous source synchronised with the vibrator (to have still images) and a display where the wave shadows are projected (by means of a mirror).
The Ripple Tank has the following advantages:
The stroboscopic lamp is made with a high-luminous 3W LED, which is synchronised with the surface-wave generator.
The control unit is equipped with a digital display and allows setting or inhibiting the synchronism
of the vibrator with the lamp, the wave amplitude modulation and its frequency.
The vibrator is of electro-dynamic type.
Dimensions of the tray: 30 x 30 cm.
Experiments that can be carried out with the standard supply:
- Single point source source to create circular wave fronts
- Double point source for studying the wave interference
- Linear hitting unit for linear front waves
- Bi-convex refracting body
- Bi-concave refracting body
- Parallel flat plate
Main characteristics of the wave:
- Frequency, wavelength, amplitude, wave front, surface-wave with circular front and surface-wave with flat front
- Interference of two circular waves’ refraction on a flat surface
- Refraction on a bi-convex lens
- Refraction of a bi-concave lens